36 inch bar stools are the standard for all bars that stand 44-46 inches high in all hospitality establishments or even in some homes with tall breakfast bars. The typical size of bar stools that we are more commonly familiar with tend to be 24 inch stools which fit the normal 34-36 inch table or bar. The other size that we see repeatedly is the 42 inch high cooking or work surface which requires a 30 inch bar stool.
Recommended product: Armen Living Adele 36″-44″ Bar Stool
Common Styles of 36 Inch Bar Stools
- Swivel Bar Stools: They have the function of moving the seat from left to right with a simple motion of the body; they are commonly seen in bars and restaurants.
- Counter Bar Stools: Are typically the stools you most find in homes with no swivel action; more for counters that are around eating and cooking surfaces.
- Outdoor Bar Stools: Are better protected to withstand different weather conditions and can be found in outdoor patios, such as sports bars and bbq areas.
- Elegant Bar Stools: Are as simple as the name states, they are fancier bar stools for a more sophisticated look inside your home or an upper class restaurant.
- Modern Bar Stools: Have a cutting edge look to them, more of a futuristic appeal to them with a sleek feel.
When building bar stools, they are all constructed differently, from style to color, plus one of the other things that make them different from each other are what material they’re made from.
When choosing the right 36 inch bar stools, make sure you pick those that fit the right weather/temperature conditions, whether it’s going to be an outdoor, indoor, or commercial area. They can come in different materials such as wicker, metal, wood, and aluminum, and they react completely different to all wear and tear situations.
Popular Models of 36 Inch Bar Stools
While there are literally hundreds of models to choose from, here are three models that are highly searched for. The Grace 36″ Neoclassical with a Gunmetal finish, the Holland 36-Inch Contessa extra tall swivel bar stool, and the Grand Rapids Chair Melissa Anne bar stools which range from 24″ – 36″ are all great options.
There’s too many of them to choose from to all be listed here, but take the proper time to select the one that fits your needs. Keep in mind that each model and style are constructed differently from each other, and take into consideration whether the barstools are going to be placed outdoors, indoors, cooking areas, bars, etc…
When selecting the right bar stool for your home or business, be sure to know the exact measurements of the table, workstation, cooking surface or bar to select the proper size which fits the area correctly. Also, be very certain to color coordinate and match the style of the furniture with the bar stools as you do not want to have mismatching furniture unless that is your particular style. Always do your research and price-comparisons online even if you choose to purchase for a local dealer. Have fun in selecting the right style, fabric color and design when looking for 36 inch bar stools that fit your needs.